- Extensive troubleshooting experience.
- Broad knowledge of computer systems.
- Schematic, Blue Print, PID, and Ladder Logic analysis.
- Experienced at applying new technologies in IT and Manufacturing applications.
Sr. Automation Project Manager
2005 – 2010 Applied Electronics Corp.
St. Charles, IA
- Coordinated industrial automation projects from start to finish internationally; including application assistance, quotation, installation, and start-up.
- Assisted in the electrical design of Industrial control panels.
- Authored custom PLC and HMI programs primarily for Allen Bradly equipment.
- Provided technical support, troubleshooting, and modification of existing automation systems.
- Configured DC motor controllers, VFDs, and soft starters.
- Designed electronic circuits through proto-typing and into production.
District Computer Technician
1998 – 2005 Urbandale Community School District
- Provided a wide variety of technical support for users of both Macs and PCs integrated throughout the district.
- Successful upper level troubleshooting for both Mac and PC software and hardware inside and outside a server environment with integrated inkjet and laser printers.
- Trained new technicians for both Mac and PC hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Led a team of technicians to complete a given task on innumerable occasions.
|Other Computer Related Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 7, and office applications.
- Proficient with MacOS 7 – OS X.
- FreeBSD, Linux, and other UNIX-based operating systems.
- Server environments for small and moderate user bases with cross-platform networking.
- Member of the Centeral Iowa Linux User Group
2005 Des Moines Area Community College Graduate
- AAS in High Tech Automation, Electronics, & Robotics
|Electronic circuit design and application, embedded programming, BSD Unix & Linux, beekeeping and woodworking.